Today I got to talk to my big sister on the phone not once, but twice! It was like winning the lottery twice in one day. During our first conversation, we discussed something that continually plagues us both: The John Mayer Problem. The John Mayer Problem has been discussed on this blog before. It is the problem of loving his music while simultaneously finding his public behavior so distasteful that we hate to admit we love his music. The John Mayer Problem is the second cousin to the Alec Baldwin Is Hilariously Awesome On 30 Rock Problem.
All that being said, I have been listening to the new John Mayer album and I do think it has a lot of good stuff going on.
And so now I present:
10 New Songs I am enjoying:
1. Age of Worry, John Mayer
2. Shadow Days, John Mayer
3. Born and Raised, John Mayer
4. A Face to Call Home, John Mayer
5. Bright Lights, Gary Clark Jr.
6. Don't Owe You a Thang, Gary Clark Jr.
7. Things Are a Changin', Gary Clark Jr.
8. When My Train Pulls In, Gary Clark Jr.
9. Twisted, Usher (feat Pharrell)
10. You Know Who You Are, Oddisee